Sunday, September 27, 2009

Picnics and Concerts

Jack & I drove to Nashville Friday afternoon to help Kelly's school, High Hopes, celebrate it's 25th birthday. They had a fun picnic in the park complete with games and musical entertainment. They had lots of guest, including the woman who started the school. It was a fun night even though we got rained on a little bit. Saturday was a little bit of a "Murphy's Law" day for me. We all got ready and headed out to Opry Mills but first we started our day with a coffee from Ryan's coffee shop. As we were leaving, I took Jack to the bathroom. We didn't get everything angled just right and rather than a stream in the toilet, I got a stream on my pants! I tried to clean it with a wet paper towel, but that didn't really help much. It was raining and as we left, I slipped on the steps (I'm OK!) and had to sit down to catch my balance and not fall farther down the steps so now I had a wet leg and a wet bottom! We went on to Opry Mills and figured we'd stop at Old Navy first. I thought I could find a cheap pair of pants there. We entered the mall through the Apple Barn store and walked right into a display of John Deere toys. Jack was so excited and found a small combine tractor. I decided to get one for him and Abbott, figuring it would help keep them occupied while we shopped a little. I went to pay and didn't have my wallet! I had put it in my camera bag to pay for food at the picnic and forgot to put it back in my purse. Kelly had to pay for the tractors, my pants, and lunch... which took way longer than it should have since we had a lazy waiter! Nap time was pretty smooth and we packed up another picnic for Ryan's concert in the park Saturday night. His band and 3 others were playing and it was a beautiful night. After they played, the next act got up there and sang about 3 songs and it started to pour down rain!! We packed everything up quickly and headed to the car when it stopped, of course. Unfortunately by that time, everything was too wet to get back out. Hey, at least we got to hear Ryan's band! About 1 am (which is technically Sunday, but still), Kelly gets a call from Ryan that his car has been towed from the park parking lot and she needs to come get them. GEEZ! Fortunately when we woke up this morning, there was no rain and the weather was cool so we headed down to Tim and Janet's (Ryan's parents) for a visit. Jack and I came home this afternoon and just took it easy the rest of the night. We had a fun weekend and fortunately for us, we can laugh at Saturday's event and realize it all could have been a lot worse! Here are a few pictures. from our weekend.

Abbott is checking to see if his daddy can get that big burger in his mouth.

Abbott got his face painted with a star and they both won cool necklaces from the bean bag toss.

Jack got a star on his face, too.

They really enjoyed the bean bag toss.

Jack & Janet.

Kelly had a cool guitar and Jack can really rock it!

Cheering for Ryan's band.

Here they are, Art Four Sale.

Me & Abbott, eatin' chips.

Jack & Kelly, bein' silly.

3 boys in a tent.

We bought a pumpkin for the boys to decorate. Kelly started them out by putting a face on it.

Abbott & Jack then took over with the markers.

And it ended up like this. Pretty spooky.

They helped Tim clear walnuts out of his yard and threw them in the creek.
See, looks like a fun weekend!



1 comment:

Kelly Rose said...

i love that picture of me and jack! will you put it on fb for me?

would you also email me the pics from the picnic? i am sure the holly beth will want them soon so we can post some on the website. :)