Friday, April 16, 2010

Trike-A-Thon

Jack had a trike-a-thon on Thursday to raise money for St. Jude Children's Hospital. Popo, Jacey & I went and cheered him on. He did great! He rode his trike for 30 minutes and didn't want to stop. I was afraid when I got there that he would complain that he didn't have a big bike like some of the other kids in his class, but I soon saw that those kids couldn't really ride their bikes very good. Jack was zooming all around the course and leaving the other kids in the dust!

First, I just had to show you want a good helper he is.

Waiting to get his trike.

As each kid was called to get their bike, they got so excited and would run to their bikes when it was their turn. Jack's jumping on his trike and getting his helmet on.

He got a new hot wheels helmet with super cool flames on it.

His trike was also by far the coolest one there. It's got streamers and a bell.

He made the most of the area he had to ride. He would go from one end to the other while most kids were just trying to pedal their big bikes! Some had trikes but Jack definitely earned his donations for this trike-a-thon! :)

He would pass by and say, "Comin' through!" or "I'm on the road."

He also had a school program Thursday night. I have video of his performance, I'll try to get it up later.
Of course, I have to add a picture of Jacey. The smiles look real but I'm pretty sure they're still gassy smiles. Either way, they are so sweet!

3 comments:

Tiffany and Ryan said...

Bryson has the same trike! I love it, even though he can't ride it yet haha. And Jacey's smile just brightened my day, even if it is just gas :)

Momo Jo said...

Wish I'd been there. Thanks for the pictures.

Cornelius Crew said...

I bet those flames on his helmet made him extra fast too! Very fun!
And that pic of Jacey is great. What a sweetie!