Monday, March 17, 2008

24 hours

A lot can happen in 24 hours. Usually it doesn't, but my last 24 hours have been somewhat of a whirlwind. This time last night we were excited to have completed and e-filed our taxes and find out we were getting a refund- YAY! It's not a lot, but at least it is a refund. After a good night's rest, we woke up and started our day. Jack and I played "babbyball" and waited for a contractor and an engineer to show up and take another look at our house. We found out that this contractor can fix the house, and the engineer will sign off on it, for A LOT less that the insurance company has given us. Plus, we won't have to move out. YAY YAY! We still don't have a final estimate from him, but he gave us a guess and we liked it. :) After he left, Jack took a little nap andI began to find new insurance since our homeowner's insurance is being canceled after this claim. NOT YAY. Fortunately, I successfully found better coverage for a lower premium so I switched the auto insurance over too. After Jack woke up, we went over to Popo and Momo's for awhile and then headed to Jarred's office so he could take Jack home and I could pick up a few things at the store. As we were waiting for Jarred at his office, mom calls and says that Kelly is headed to the hospital but doesn't really think she's in labor- she'll call us once she gets there. I begin to get excited that Abbott may be finally making an appearance but on my way home from the store, Jarred calls and says that Jack has thrown up. NOT YAY again. He was totally fine when I left him with Jarred and even once they got home, how could he be sick? Now, I definitely don't want Abbott to make an appearance because I have a sick baby! I get home and Jack had thrown up again and was in the bath crying. He laid in my lap for 3 hours just as still as could be... and you all know how often Jack sits still. Mom calls and says that Kelly is headed home, she's not in labor so while I'm really ready to meet Abbott, I'm glad he didn't come today so I could stay and take care of Jack and not be anxious to be in Nashville. Jack perked up a little and played a little more babbyball before going to bed. He's now asleep, Kelly's at home not having a baby and I'm hoping tomorrow (my 21st birthday) is a quieter 24 hours!

3 comments:

Momo Jo said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Kelly Rose said...

It has been much quieter.....SO FAR!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Birthday, soon to be Aunt Jami!!Keep us posted. I love all the pictures and the drummer boy!! just awesome!