Sunday, March 2, 2008

What a Kid!!

It is amazing how fast "baby" Jack is changing into "toddler" Jack. He has such a vocabulary and is able to communicate so well. I'll share a few conversations with you.

Saturday we helped our friend Bailey celebrate her first birthday. We went shopping for her birthday present and after choosing a CD at Border's we made a trip to Wal-Mart. We discussed buying things for Bailey for her birthday and as I handed Jack a set of cleaning pads he said, "Bay Bay." I asked if he wanted to give those to Bailey and he gave me his silly face grin and laughed.
On the way to the party he wanted to take his "yew off" in the car. I told him not to take his shoes off, we were going to see Bailey and Amy. He said, "Eat Bay Bay, eat Amy." Yes Jack, we'll eat with Amy and Bailey once we get to their house. Again, I got the silly face grin. I think that means he likes the answer I give him!
Today we went to Popo and Momo's to enjoy the nice weather. Jack walks in and calls for "Ju", which is George the cat. George was taking in some sun. After approximately 30 seconds of being there he said, "drive Popo tractor". Guess who got to drive Popo's tractor? Even Momo drove Popo's tractor. After that he went "up up up, now now now" the hill in the backyard.
Mom and I got suckered into some girl scout cookies today and we chose thin mints. Once we got home we offered one to Jack. I think he actually ate about 4 and kept saying, "more chachit cookie."
Once we got home, he helped Jarred clean out the garage. He is quite talented with a "weep" and we let him do it whenever he wants. It is also important to sweep and have a bucket handy.

Our favorite conversations usually go a lot like this:

Mom: Jack, what do you want to eat?
Jack: ha dog
Mom: You want a hot dog?
Jack: noonels
Mom: You want a hot dog and noodles?
Jack: No


Mom: Jack, today we get to go to gymnastics!
Jack: nanics!
Mom: Let's get your clothes on so we can go.
Jack: No
Mom: Do you want to go to gymnastics?
Jack: No

I think you get the idea. :)

1 comment:

Cornelius Crew said...

Dayton and I had the same conversation about gymnastics this week. He didn't want to ge this clothes on either, in fact he ended up going in a "Dash" costume. I think he thinks it makes him run faster! He was 'incredibly' fast that day... maybe he's right?