Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finally Spring.. at least til Monday

The weather was perfect today. Mid 70's, sunny with a few clouds, just a perfect day to be outside. Jarred took advantage of this beautiful day and went to the office to study. I know, fun. Jack & I went to Popo and Moma Jo's to enjoy the outdoors. Jack stayed and helped Popo plant new grass while I went to JoAnn's (remember, the crack store) to pick up a few things and then came back and helped Moma Jo supervise the grass planting. Jack was so helpful, he knows exactly how to plant the grass and he would take Popo his water and a cookie when he needed to be re-energized. I didn't take my camera but took control of their's so here's a few from our day. I took a good video of Jack showing me how to plant the grass but Popo will have to put it on his blog. If any of you need grass planted, Popo & Jack are the ones to call.

Moma Jo taught him that when walking down the hill if you feel like you're going to fall, just sit down. Looks like he had to do this a few times.

To plant grass, you take some from the hillside that's hard to mow and re-plant it in the bare spots in the yard. Jack would say, "this looks like a good spot."

He's helping Popo dig a hole for the new grass.

This picture just freaked me out a little, he looks so much like a little boy rather than a baby or toddler.

We were getting him to show us his many faces. Here, he is surprised.

After a hard day of planting grass, Jack & Popo share a cookie... or two.

I told him we'd have to get him a hat like Popo's and he didn't forget. Before we left he said, "I will have to get a hat like Popo's." He tried Popo's on to see what size he will need.

I'm sure mom and dad will post pictures of their azaleas too, but aren't they beautiful?

One of my favs of the day. Tomorrow we're off to the zoo. It's supposed to be another beautiful day but Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be in the 40's so we'll most likely be indoors. It's ok, I have to pack and get ready for our next adventure. We're off to Tomball, Port Lavaca and Athens beginning Thursday!

3 comments:

Kelly Rose said...

That picture of him really does look grown up...that makes me kind of sad.

agnieszka said...

Handsome gardeners and Pretty garden. Jack looks cool with this had. I would love to have garden too and do all this nice work with Mati and Adam. Maybe one day... .

Cornelius Crew said...

Yes he is turning into a little boy- it's inevitable! Those are some great pictures. I love the one of he and your dad eating cookies together. Priceless!