Saturday, April 25, 2009

THE Project

At one of our weight watchers meetings a lady had on a great quilted jacket. It looked handmade so I asked her about it and she told me she'd made it in a class and where to get the pattern. My grandmother is great at sewing projects, she's made quilts, clothes, purses and lots more so I figured she could tackle this, too. The front picture would not make me buy this pattern because it's not very pretty but the one the lady at weight watchers made was very pretty. I showed Wannie the pattern and we went to Tyler to buy fabric for my jacket. Cutting, piecing and constructing were not "simple and quick" like the instructions said. I cut, ironed and made sure pieces were in the right place while Wannie did every single stitch on the jacket. We started Tuesday morning and she finished Friday just before dinner. It is so pretty, but you're out of luck because she said she'll never do it again. Here's a few pictures of the masterpiece.

The jacket called for chenille back and sleeves, which we decided were not very cute. I chose a black and white theme and I think it's so much prettier than the original.

TA-DA!

Isn't it pretty?

Wannie is so talented. I bet if she tried another one it wouldn't take her as long since she knows how to do it now. I've learned how to make lid pot holders and a baby sling this week. I guess I've sort of learned how to make a jacket, too but I'm fairly certain I couldn't quite handle that task!

2 comments:

Momo Jo said...

I am sure you could do it.

Unknown said...

...I agree...Wannie can make anything...she can cover tables that keep great-grandbabies from falling and hurting themselves!!..and on top of that..that certain little boy loves to spread all of his toys and snacks all over it.... PS..tell Wannie that she could whip up all of her followers a quick jacket!!!! it is great!