Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Pictures

I haven't posted in a week or more, I know that's strange but with all our travels and guests we just didn't do much this past week. We really didn't even do much today but I did manage to take a few pictures. We made orange juice popsicles and Jack loved eating those outside today. He kept saying, "We will need to go inside and get another one when this is done, OK?" He ends every sentence almost with "OK". Right now, when I tell him to do something, he will say, "I'm just going to do _____ first, OK?" He doesn't have a problem doing what I ask, but he needs to do something else before he gets to it.

Last night and this afternoon when it was bed time, I let him read some books before he went to sleep. Last night I told him he could read some books and when he was done, to put them on the floor, turn out the lights and go to bed. He said, "OK." He did as he was asked but after each book he opened the door and asked if he could read another. He was so polite and excited about it that I couldn't say no. Today at nap time it was the same thing but he never got back up, he just read some books. At one point I thought he was playing so I opened the door to tell him it was time to sleep. When I opened the door, I saw this:

So I told him that when he finished that book it was time to sleep. He said, "OK" and I never heard another peep until 4:00!

After nap time we went outside with our orange juice popsicles and played with the water hose. I snapped a few cute pictures so I'll share. We're going to the zoo in the morning with some friends so that should be another fun day!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. He's just growing up too fast. Love you, Aunt Lissa

Tiffany and Ryan said...

What a great kid! And those popsicles look delish!