Saturday, June 13, 2009

Zoo Day

Today was apparently a great day to go to the zoo. My sister took Abbott to the zoo today in Nashville. You can click here to see their adventure. (She hasn't posted just yet, but rumor has it she will soon.) Jack & I met our friends Amy & Bailey for a fun day at the zoo. We hadn't been able to get together in awhile due to work, travels, life, etc. so it was nice to see them. They seemed to have a good time together. It got hot pretty fast and I think Amy & I faded faster than the kids did.
Jack was trying to climb this tree while we waited for Amy & Bailey to arrive.

Checking out the penguins.

This girl knows how to ride and she's already getting the boys to dote on her. Actually, Jack was more interested in pulling the wagon than seeing the zoo.

We have a butterfly garden and it's pretty cool to go in and see all of them. They'll land on you, fly right in front of you. One sort of attacked Amy, fortunately for her I didn't get it on camera.

Just chillin' with the zebras. We tried to make them pose for pictures a lot. They were kinda over it before we even started but they obliged. Yes, Jack has on pink sunglasses. I've misplaced his but Bailey had an extra pair she was willing to share.

We also tried to force them to hold hands. They would kind of look at us like, "are you for real?" then they'd do it. Eventually, Jack decided he did not want to hold her hand anymore.

Every once in awhile they'll have zoo keepers doing demonstrations. Here's the barn owl. It was gorgeous.

We have a really cool red panda exhibit and Jack and Bailey had to "sleep" with the fake pandas in the tree. This was also more fun than the zoo animals.

Checkin' out the giant turtle.

I'm really proud of Jack, here. Normally he would be unsure of the animals but he did enjoy brushing them.

They just lay there and let kids brush them all day. They are probably the most well groomed goats around.


Bailey has no fear. She climbs all around and goes down any slide she sees. Jack is still unsure of all the adventure so he watched from the sidelines and was ready with high fives when she was done.

Two little birds in their nest.

Showing signs of getting tired.

Until we found the water! They had a lot of fun here. Jack was not happy when it was time to leave.

Bailey decided it was better to play in the water with no clothes on so Jack decided it was a good idea, too.
The best picture I could get of them, was naked and in the water. Go figure. We had a great day, we will have to do it again, soon!
I took a couple of pictures of the two of them that I edited in photoshop. I've had the program for awhile but never really played with it much. I decided I should learn so I can make really good pictures and maybe someday someone would hire me to take their picture. :)




They may just be the 2 cutest kids in Knoxville!

3 comments:

agnieszka said...

NO doubts!!! They surly are!!!!

Fortino's said...

I agree about them being the two cutest kids in Kville!!!

Cornelius Crew said...

What a cutie! I bet Jack is happy he lives closer to her than to Dacie! Looks like she treats him better!! What fun!!