Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

I've had 5 days with one of my best friends and it's flown by. We're leaving Knoxville at 7 am to take Jennifer back to the airport in Nashville and then I'm heading back home. In 5 short days we have visited 5 cities in 2 states- Franklin, Nashville, Knoxville & Louisville, TN & Asheville, NC. We've shopped and eaten in downtown Franklin, shopped and eaten in downtown Knoxville and shopped and eaten in downtown Asheville. I see a theme. We've had a great visit and I wish it was longer, but I'm very thankful for the time we've had. Here are a few pictures from our trip to Asheville and tonight at the Tennessee River feeding the ducks.

The Biltmore in Asheville.

Jennifer feels comfortable in a large house!

Most of the roses were still in bloom and were very pretty.

A lot of the roses at Biltmore have won awards.

I drove this tractor for Jack.

Jennifer & I, about to tour the winery.

Jennifer is trying to use this rather large iron.

These pictures are specifically for Jennifer's dad Bill, who has a thing for butt-ugly hats.

I'm not sure which one is the butt-ugliest...

but this is by far my favorite.

We ate at this cute little cafe, called the Early Girl Cafe.

Before dinner at Calhoun's on the River, we fed the duck. Mom and dad met us for another visit with Jennifer before she leaves.

We've been friends for a long, long time... something like 25 years.

Her parents are like my 2nd set of parents and my parents are her 2nd set of parents. I'm so thankful we've kept in touch and stayed friends even though we've lived in Tennessee for almost 14 years.
We had such a fun visit, I hope we get to see each other again soon!

2 comments:

Momo Jo said...

too much fun!

agnieszka said...

I am sure You g\have a great time and .... food!!! I cannot wait for some dinner in Calchoon with You again. :)