Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Funny Stories

Today, I dropped off Jack at school and his first words to his teacher were, "I have a song that I like to listen to and it's called Hotel California." Funny thing about this is that he is obsessed with Hotel California. Kelly & I grew up listening to The Eagles so I figured it was my responsibility to raise Jack listening to great music, too. He thinks that Don Henley only sings and plays drums on Hotel California and had a little meltdown when I tried to tell him he played drums and sang on lots of songs. He is slowly agreeing to listen to other songs, but Hotel California is still the favorite. He's almost got all the words and most of the drum parts learned. I've taken video so I'll try to post it soon. Anyway, back to school... when I went to pick him up one of his teachers told me that he wanted to play the drums and wanted the class to sing Hotel California. Unfortunately, no one knew the words. This upset him, of course. How could no one know the words to Hotel California?? Especially 3 years olds. Gees. Fortunately, a teacher from the class next door knew some of the words so I think that satisfied him.

When we got home, Super Jack mowed our driveway. :)

Another funny story is about my super huge baby belly. I was at Target on Sunday and as I walked around a clothes rack a woman looked at my belly and said, "WHOA!" Thanks, lady. It doesn't end there, of course. The check out lady at Office Depot today said to me, "How are you walking around?" I know I'm only 8 days from my due date, and I AM big, but I don't really need to be reminded of it! Since I'm so enormous, I thought I'd post some belly pictures for you to gawk at. Go ahead, tell me how insanely big I am and that there's no way I should be able to function right now. :) Here's my belly 8 days out from my due date.




1 comment:

Cornelius Crew said...

Aww! i love your baby belly! As miserable as you are, I still think its such a great time! Thanks for the pics! I wish I was there to feel her move around!