Friday, January 9, 2009

A Little Perspective.

Jarred, Jack and I drove- yes DROVE- to Texas for our Christmas vacation. Now most of you who read my blog know Texas is a big place AND it's pretty far from Tennessee. When you put traveling the 2 together, it makes for a rather long trip. I was curious to know just how far it was so I mapquested it. Here you go: all 2216.14 miles. Anyone wanna send some gas money?

Now, as I'm talking to my friend Dixie about our trip, she suggests since we're touring the state of Texas, we might as well come to Amarillo, too. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time.. or energy to make that trip this time. It would have only added 718 more miles to the trip so- next time, Dixie, next time.


It really puts into perspective just how far we drove when we put it on the map. In all we were in the car for approximately 36 hours. Boy, we sure do love our Texas families!!!



4 comments:

Momo Jo said...

Very interesting.

ClintandGina said...

That is a lot of miles.....especially with little Jack in the car. Clint and I are so glad we were able to see you guys while you were visiting Texas!

Cornelius Crew said...

you know, when you have traveled 2200 miles, what's an extra 700?!

Tiffany and Ryan said...

And next time y'all could add some more miles and come see us too!I dont think we've seen you all since Clint and Gina's wedding (but because of the blogs it really doesn't seem that long- And I hear Jarred's voice almost every weekend now when they play Halo.lol- like right now) Glad you made it back safely!