Wednesday, January 14, 2009

That was very nice!

I have such a sweet little boy... today at least. We had such a fun day, being silly and playing. Jack now likes to pretend he is going to sleep. He is so tired, he wants to fweep. 2 seconds later, "I waked up. I fweep good!" Lately he has been going to sleep a lot easier with the help of Hokey Pokey Bear (his name, not mine). Hokey Pokey bear was given to him by Ryan's mom, Janet for Christmas last year (I think). He hasn't really been into stuffed animals, they have mostly sat nicely on his dresser. This bear is a nap bear from Brookstone- it's super soft, small and perfectly Jack sized. He stumbled upon in the other day and decided he wanted to sleep with it.

Every night without fail, the routine is the same.
"Jack, it's time for bed."

"No fweep."

"It's time to sleep, let's go to bed. Give daddy a big squeeze." He walks willingly into his room and climbs into bed. I cover him up and give him a kiss and start to walk out.

"Pat Jack's back."

"You're a big boy, go to sleep. I love you."

"WAAAA" (Ok, he doesn't say WAAA but he cries.)

However, the night he decided to sleep with the bear it was different. We walked into his room, he climbed into bed, snuggled up with the bear and I didn't hear a word. Since then he has slept with the bear for every nap and bedtime and hasn't cried out once. Must be a magical bear! Today we had this conversation in his room about the bear:

"Who made it for me Mommy?"

"Miss Janet gave it to you."

Imagine a face of happiness and excitement. He makes his "oooohhhh" face and his eyes get big.

"That was very nice!"

"That was very nice, Jack."

(signing Thank You) "Thank you Miss Janet! I yike her!"

Then he squeezes the bear. So cute! I made him re-enact it so I could get some pictures.

Sleeping with his bear.

Hugging his bear.

Thank you Miss Janet.
"Sleeping" with his bear.
Ha ha, not sleeping!

Just cute. :)

4 comments:

Momo Jo said...

He's so sweet.

Unknown said...

Miss Janet says you are welcome Jack ..I miss you..today Abbott and I played with the Round de Round...he went around and I fell on the floor..it was a good day...come see me soon..and don't forget your bear..

agnieszka said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet boy with huge lovely eyes!!!!!

Cornelius Crew said...

So sweet! I can't wait to see yall! 46 days!! Tell him Dacie can say "Jack" now. I have his picture on my mirror in the bathroom, so we talk about him EVERY morning!