Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

Almost everyone makes them and I bet almost no one completes them. I'm posting mine here so that may hold me more accountable. You can check up on me from time to time to see how it's going. :)

1- LOSE WEIGHT- Isn't this the most common, generic resolution? I have joined weight watchers, lost 10 pounds so far and even entered a bet with my friend Dixie. We are meeting in Memphis in March and want to look smokin' hot for all the Elvis impersonators. We have challenged ourselves to lose 15 pounds by our trip. The winner gets $2 per pound lost for a new article of clothing. I think if I win, I will let her buy me an Elvis jumpsuit. I am also committing to walking on the treadmill at least 3 times a week, hopefully more. So far, so good. ;)

2. REDUCE DEBT- I'm sure this is another typical resolution but I need to do it. We'd like to eventually move into a bigger house thanks to all the toys Jack got from his generous family and friends so getting rid of some of our debt will obviously help. I plan to pay chunks at a time and NOT BUY ANYTHING I DON'T NEED! Mom, you can help me with this one.

3. ORGANIZE- My house might seem a little bigger if I got rid of half my crap. I plan to go room by room and eliminate stuff I just don't need anymore. This will be my most difficult because I hate to clean and procrastinate until I just can't stand it anymore.

4. BE MORE CRAFTY- I made Kelly and my mom an apron and Abbott a blanket and I want to use my sewing machine more this year and try to make more gifts for people.

5. DO MORE GOOD DEEDS- In high school, our English teacher made us do Random Acts of Kindness (RAKs). I think I should do this again.

There you go. I think 5 resolutions is a lot, but doable. What are your resolutions? I'll help you stick to them if you'll help me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You can send me one of your crafts!!!

agnieszka said...

HI, I like Your resolution and I can confess You mine:
1. do not loose more waight,
2. accept myself with all wicknesses + be good for myself,
3. do "slow life",
4. do not expect anything from the others - just take the life as it is,
5. :) :) :)