Monday, February 18, 2008

Coincidence or Genius?

Lately, Jack has been putting more and more words and thoughts together and is beginning to tell us things he wants, etc. Some of the things he does make me sit back and think, "hmmmm, does he really know that or is that a coincidence?" Here are some examples:

We are cleaning the living room a few days ago and Jack has a box of alphabet books. We read these a lot, but don't really say, "This is A, B, C," etc. We just read the books. As I want to put them all away, he wants to sit and read them all so I say, "Jack, where is your R book? Go find me your R book." He puts his little hands up like "I don't know" but runs off around the living room to search. Just a few minutes later he comes back and hands me the R book. Now... does he really know it's the R book or did he just happen to pick up the book I asked for?
This weekend, we were sitting at the table and Jack was sitting in Kelly's lap. He asked for some "druit" so my mom gave him some "juies" (cherries). She put 4 cherries down on the table. He ate one and then said, "dree juies". Kelly and I looked at each other and just said, "Nooo." Again, is he just that smart or is it a coincidence?
Jack is so funny when "A-deddy" is around. I think he might like her just a little bit. Of course, it helps that she is just a little silly! We had a fun weekend with her here and we're anxious to see Abbott. It will be so fun to see these two little boys play together.

Once we got home on Sunday, we discovered some more frustrations from the tree falling on our house. It rained all day so the roof leaked and there was water all in our kitchen. We cleaned it up and nothing was damaged so again, we're pretty lucky. We're waiting for the adjuster to come out Friday (he was supposed to come today) so I'll get some estimates in the meantime. Mom and dad keep saying we're going to get a new kitchen out of this and they may be right. I hope it's a cool kitchen, since I'm such a good cook!



2 comments:

Kelly Rose said...

that is a terrible picture of me.....great of jack, but horrible of me.

Cornelius Crew said...

Of course it's no coincidence... he's brilliant!