Monday, February 11, 2008

The Grammys

I was watching the grammys last night and was very entertained by some of the performances. First off, I really like Carrie Underwood. She sang great. I want to look like her. (HA!) Then it was pretty cool to watch Tina Turner rock at almost 70! My next favorite was the duet with Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli. That was amazing.

What I was NOT impressed with was Kanye West. To me, he is just too cocky and thinks he is the best thing ever. I think he is wrong. He wins a grammy and during his acceptance speech tells the other guys in the category that they need to stop releasing albums at the same time he does because he owns that grammy. Now, it's kinda funny and they all laugh but he's still just a big jerk. The best part of the night however, was when Vince Gill accepted his grammy from Ringo Starr. He said, "I just got an award given to me by a Beatle. Have ya had that happen yet, Kanye?" It was awesome! They showed Kanye and he laughed and Vince said he was just kidding, but I still enjoyed it. I really can't remember who won awards because they really didn't give out that many this year- on tv anyway. They focused more on performers. It was fun to watch though. What did you think of the grammys???