Tuesday, February 5, 2008

No Mommy, No


I knew it would come, the day Jack would learn to tell me no. However, I never thought it would be so cute. I do not have this on video yet, but I will try to capture it. Just about everything I ask has an answer of, "No". It's not a mean no, just a matter of fact. For instance...

Me: "Jack, do you want to lay on your pillow?"

Jack: "No Mommy, No."

Me: "Ok"

Jack: "pillow"

I think he just likes to say no. Sometimes he does mean it but sometimes he just says it. Right now, I think it's cute. In a month or two, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Kelly Rose said...

When it's not so cute anymore, you'll learn not to ask in the form of a yes or no question, but to phrase it like it's the most fun thing in the world!

Example Before:

You: "Jack, do you want to take a bath?"

Jack: "No!"

You: "But it's time for your bath."

Jack: "NO!"

Example After:

You: "Jack, let's go take a super duper bath!"

Jack: "OK, Mommy!!"

See? It's just that easy! :)

Cornelius Crew said...

Kelly is speaking like she's had a LOT of experience with this! It's amazing how quickly it goes from being cute, to reading parenting books on how to control it! We are doing soemthing call Love and Logic and think it's great! So when the adorableness(?) wears off... and it will ( been there done that!) there's an idea for ya!