Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A little redemption

I thought it was only fair that I should let you know that I can cook... as long as I follow a recipe! :) Last night, Mom and Dad came over to watch Jack so Jarred and I could go to the Tennessee vs. Florida basketball game (more on that later) and I cooked a pretty tasty dinner. Now, I should give credit where credit is due- I used 2 recipes from the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook. It is a cookbook written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife, Jessica and it incorporates pureed vegetables into meals. It is really designed to sneak veggies into kids' meals, however it works for us picky adults too. So far I've made 3 of the recipes and they are really good. Last night I cooked an italian meatloaf that had pureed carrots with a side of mashed potatoes with pureed cauliflower. If anyone out there has picky kids... or adults I would recommend this book. (Or ask me for the recipes- I won't tell!) I didn't take a picture to prove it (we ate it all too fast) but maybe my Mom or Dad would post a comment to verify. :) Even Jack said, "MMMM, tatoes" when he ate the potatoes. See, I'm not always a bad cook!

1 comment:

Momo Jo said...

This was the best meal I've ever had. :)