Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hooray for Jack!

He survived his first day at preschool! We'd gone a few times last week so he was familiar with the room and teachers and today he was excited to see the fish. We walked in and he just walked right over to the fish and then headed for the trucks and tractors. I gave his teacher all the extras she'd asked for and then went to tell him goodbye, preparing myself for a pretty rough time.

I said, "Jack, mommy's going to leave now can I have a big squeeze?"

"NO"

"Ok, well I'm going to leave and come back in a little while."

"OK"

He watched me walk out the door and I thought he'd lose it after that but he just turned around and went back to the truck. I did get a call about 30 minutes before it was time to pick him up and it was his teacher telling me that he'd had a good day but he was telling her that he was ready to go home. She said he'd cried off and on when the door opened and that towards the end he was really telling her he wanted to go home. He did tell her goodbye and when I asked if he wanted to come back on Thursday he said, "OK". I guess he'll make it alright. Now I'm hoping Thursday is not worse since he knows now what to expect. I'll let you know.

He was pretty much all over the room this morning so I didn't get a good picture of his first day, but you get the idea.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Jami. I can't believe Jack has started to "school" already. What a big boy he is! I'll be anxious to hear how his second day goes. Love you, Aunt Lissa

Anonymous said...

AWWWW....yeah! I am glad that he did well. I am bracing myself for the same events next week! We take up Jakob's school supplies on Thursday night. :( Call me if you need to cry this school year! HA!

Cornelius Crew said...

Yeah for Jack! I'm so glad that it went well, but I figured that as good as he did here, that he would make it just fine! Can't wait to hear how today went. It will probably be a bit of a roller coaster ride for a bit! You didn't say... how did you do by yourself???it's weird huh??