Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Silly Jack

I forgot to tell you a story about a recent restaurant experience while my family was in town. The first night we decided to go eat at a place called "The Back Porch". It was closed so my dad drove through town looking for another restaurant. He decided on the "Trailhead Steakhouse". Sounds rustic, huh? As we sat down and looked at the menu, we realized it was more than we wanted to pay, but rather than all 7 1/2 of us get up and leave, we went ahead and stuck it out. My aunt was reading through the menu and about halfway down under the entrees header she reads, "We strive to provide an enjoyable experience for all our guests. Loud and undisciplined children are NOT welcome." YIKES! Jack's not really undisciplined (mostly) but I will admit he is loud and after she read that he became about ten times louder. As we try to quiet him down he begins to shout (really really loudly it seemed), "NO JACK BE QUIET!" Yay! My grandmother doesn't make it any better by laughing. I was certain we would all get kicked out. My mom takes Jack outside before our meals arrive and as she's coming back in she saw a sign that we all missed, framed on a table right inside the door. It read, "We love serving children... medium rare!" We were all shocked. It's ok if they don't want kids in their restaurant but they should have a little more tact about it. Anyway, we finished our meal and left as quick as we could and joked about it the rest of the time. I think my whole family talked about writing them a nasty letter. I don't know if they have yet. Good thing we have a sense of humor!

I read in some article somewhere that milk is an important part of brain development in babies and toddlers. Since Jack's been on soy formula and soy milk he hasn't gotten those essential fats to develop his brain and I'm really worried. Today at lunch my 2 year old saw chairs with sunshines on them and said, "Jack count them. One, five, six, devin, eight, nine, ten, leven, dwelve, dowteen, dowteen, dowteen." I guess if he'd been able to drink milk he wouldn't have skipped 2, 3 and 4 and might not have said 13 three times. Oh well, I'll have to work on that with him.

When he woke up from his nap today, he was just as happy as could be and talking in his bed. As I got closer I could tell that he was singing a song. I grabbed the camera and shot video through the door (that's why there's just a picture there). If I'd opened the door I knew he would stop. Hope you enjoy. You may have to turn your computer up pretty loud.

6 comments:

Momo Jo said...

I don't know where he gets the silly, do you?

Unknown said...

Too much fun! He never ceases to amaze (and amuse) me, but then, I'm supposed to be constantly amazed, right?

Jami said...

I have no idea where he gets the silly from and yes, I think you are supposed to stay in a constant state of amazement. :)

Anonymous said...

If that is not the sweetest (and smartest) boy! I don't think missing out on the milk has hurt that boy any! I agree with Popo...he is amazing. Aunt Lissa

agnieszka said...

Make sure that Adam G is not serving in this horrible restaurant... . This kind of "sense of humor" makes me really wonder what does he do for his living since he is back in TN... .

If it comes about milk: Jack is great and smart and milk has nothing to do with this- he has just great gens from lovly and smart parents.

By the way !!!! I was on the formula since I was 4 months old!!! And I do not complain about the abillity of my grey calls. But what is more important- My sister was also on the formula since she was 4 months old and she is genius, so do not worry at all any longer.

kisses from Poland :) agnieszka

agnieszka said...

Jack singing is great!!!!!!!!