Friday, May 2, 2008

Big News

JACK IS GOING TO PRESCHOOL!!! Jarred and I have decided that Jack needs to start being around other kids (other than at his gymnastics class for 45 minutes a week) and learning to be away from me, so I looked into a few schools in the area. With help from my preschool savvy sister, I learned what to look for and which ones to stay away from. We found an opening at Westlake church in Knoxville. (Kelly, it's a 3 star school.) It's kind of far from my house, especially with the construction, but we eventually hope to move into the area where it is. He will go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 1. I figured that was a good way to ease him into the school thing and then maybe next year he can go longer. Any advice y'all may have about transitioning him to school would be great! If you don't want to sign up to post on the blog, email me at volgrad01@aol.com and I'll gladly read all suggestions. I am both excited and nervous at the same time. I know he will have a great time but I also dread the separation anxiety that he'll go through thinking that I'm leaving him. I know he will learn and get over it but it's still sad to think that he thinks I'm leaving him. He will start on August 18th. YAY for Jack! Here's the website for the church if you'd like to investigate for yourself. It's not very detailed but it tells you what you need to know.

http://www.westlakechurch.net

Don't forget to post or email me your suggestions. I'll take all I can get!!

1 comment:

Kelly Rose said...

Yay! He will have plenty of separation anxiety but he will have even MORE fun! Coming from a teacher, make sure that you are involved, but not over-bearing. Coming from a parent, make sure you never let a concern go unaddressed....after all, he is your child!

He will LOVE preschool!