Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Morning

We were stuck at home today for 2 reasons:

1) The drywallers were back to finish the texturing on the house.

2) I-40 through downtown Knoxville was shut down at 12:01 this morning to begin 14 months of construction. YUCK!

Therefore, Jack and I will NOT be leaving the house for the next 14 months. Ha. We did think it was best to avoid getting out today though, with it being the first day of shut down. So, I got brave and decided to let Jack finger paint. He got a BIG kick out of getting to rub his fingers in the mess and completed several works of future famous art.

The contractor that has been in charge of our house project stopped by to check on things and bring a gift for Jack. When he showed up the first day he had on a John Deere hat so I told him how much Jack likes tractors. He said he was going to get Jack his own John Deere hat. I figured, "yeah, ok" but he showed up today with the hat. Jack was pretty pumped. It's a little big but he'll be able to keep it for a long time. If you ever need construction done in Knoxville, call Lawson Construction. Everyone that worked on the house was really nice and the communication was great too. Our house is now finished (YAY!) with the exception of painting (BOO!) which we will probably tackle ourselves (BOO again). I am just glad the major work is done.

Jack is napping now, hopefully for a long time so that I can get some rest too. Somehow, over the phone or something, my mom has given me her cold. Thanks, mom. I'm gonna go nap now. :)

4 comments:

Momo Jo said...

night, night. cleep good!

Kelly Rose said...

you're silluh. i love the painting picture! feel better so that you don't bring a cold to bee abbott.

Kelly Rose said...

oh yeah, have you seen those commercials where dolly parton is telling everyone about the closing of i40 and the detour to 640? they're awesome.

Jami said...

I have seen them and I'm getting you an outfit like she wears. :)