Friday, May 23, 2008

Eee Ducks

We have to take a detour from I-40 right now in order to get home from just about anywhere in Knoxville. When we come home from Popo and Momo Jo's house, we come down Neyland Drive which drives us right by the river. On a couple of occasions we've taken Jack down by the river and fed the ducks. We can also walk along the river and see the university and just enjoy being outside. During football season this area will be filled with hundreds of boats called the Vol Navy. It's really impressive and I'll post pictures of that when football season starts in 108 days (I'm not counting). Anyway, back to my story. As we drove home today, Jack saw the river and said he wanted to "eee ducks". So, when Jarred got home from work, we went down and saw ducks. We even picked up a loaf of bread on the way so we could feed them.

Jack's excited about feeding the ducks.


This was the first time we saw baby geese.


We shared our bread with the little birds, too.


We took a walk down by the waterfalls. Kids were playing in the water. Jack said he did not want to, "dit wet."


We decided to eat at on of our favorite restaurants, Calhoun's. Jack sat patiently in this chair while we waited for a table. Lucky for me my camera snaps fast, he sat patiently for about 30 seconds.

We had fun feeding the ducks and now we're looking forward to this Memorial Day weekend. Kelly and Abbott are coming in tomorrow and I'm sure we'll have a great time!

2 comments:

Cornelius Crew said...

That's funny! Cuz we just went and fed the ducks and extremely obnoxious, pushy, loud, BIG, and some what frightening geese yesterday! Dayton is apparently very afraid of those very large monsters, and quite frankly I don't like them myself, but thankfully he had a sword with him that I could use to keep them at a distance, otherwise I think they might have eaten Dacie! We also had about 14 of the canadian geese babies,which by the way, all of the canadian geese were very polite and just waited their turn, unlike the other rude fowl! we'll have to go when you come!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great and I always love reading a good story whose main character happens to be Jack! Love you all. Aunt Lissa