Friday, September 5, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go....

... sort of. My friend Amy called me a few months back and asked if I'd be interested in helping them out at Talbot's with floorsets and such, since I was already familiar with how to do it. It is only for a few days a month and at night, so I said sure, why not. Last night was my first night to work and Amy was there, too, however she was in a lot of pain. She kept passing it off as gas but it was making her grab her side and keel over and it had been going on for about 2 hours. We finally convinced her she needed to get to a doctor so the only place to go at 7:30 at night is the walk-in-clinic or the ER. So, I hopped in the car and took her to the ER to get it all checked out. They gave her some pain medicine and once it kicked in we were kinda silly in the ER- probably not the most appropriate place, but oh well. Turns out she had kidney stones and ended up passing them during the ordeal. It's the first time we've really had time to ourselves in awhile and as we were leaving she said, "It's nice to get together without the kids, huh?" It was funny. So, I worked really hard on my first day, keeping my friend company at the ER until midnight. Yep... I'm off to take a nap now.

Funny story, (she'll probably kill me) as they were taking her back to her room/curtain, the nurse said, "I'll go ahead and take you back if your daughter can check you in." She almost cried and I started to laugh and we both quickly corrected him that I was NOT her daughter. He apologized profusely and said he thought he'd heard her say she had an 18 year old daughter. What she really said was she has an 18 MONTH old daughter. So.. while she felt really bad, I felt pretty good thinking this nurse figured I was 18. By the way, Amy does not look anything close to being able to be my mom. If I had a current picture, I'd show you, but as you know I seem to only take pictures of the kids. :)

2 comments:

adam said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD STORY!! Kisses for Amy. and her doughter... the real one :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cornelius Crew said...

Funny!