Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Elephant and Chap Stick

On our last day with Grandma and Mamaw, we went to the mall. Jack was such a trooper. He sat in his stroller just chillin' for a good 4 hours. I don't know what happened to the "I wanna walk" kid, but I was glad he was happy. We walked into the Build-A-Bear store and Grandma wanted him to pick out an animal to build. There were lots of cute ones and they even had an elephant, which is what I thought he would pick because he just watched Horton Hears a Who. We picked up the elephant and asked if he wanted to make it and he said, "No, it's too big." We moved down to the smaller animals and none suited his size requirement. They all were too big. Next to the big fluffy puppy was a smaller already stuffed puppy and that's what he wanted. We walked up to get the puppy and I saw a whole bunch of smaller animals and there was an elephant in the mix. He changed his mind and wanted the "yittle tiny ephant". Grandma bought the little elephant and Jack was very appreciative. "Tank you Gwama. Tank you for dis ephant."

I asked him what he wanted to name the elephant and he began to think. I offered up suggestions such as "Elphie" or "Ellie", none of which were the right name. Jack said, "I think... ummm... (eyes rolling up in thinking mode)...I think his name is...... patypus". I said, "platypus"? And he said, "yes". So, I introduce Platypus the Elephant.



Today, Jack told me he needed chap stick. Little did I know, his whole face needed it.



3 comments:

Momo Jo said...

he is such a silly boy.

Kelly Rose said...

silly boy

Tiffany and Ryan said...

I love Build-A-Bear! Ryan and I went and built one for Bryson when we found out we were expecting. Jack's elephant is so cute... love all the pictures!