Monday, March 2, 2009

Count Your Blessings

There's a song in the movie "White Christmas" called "Count Your Blessings". I looked up the lyrics to make sure I got them all right (sorry Mom, Dad & Kelly) and there was this verse that I don't remember being in the movie. I may be, and if it is again, I'm sorry Mom, Dad & Kelly but either way it just fits what I'm about to post.

"I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings"

Jack has had a rough round of ear infections and now he's got a cold with a pretty yucky cough. Abbott has spent the last few days with a stomach bug, and before that he had ear infections and a cold. My friend recently had all 3 kids at one time sick with something or another and went stir crazy being confined to her house for a week while taking care of them. These are all rough times as moms and we pray that they get better soon so we can get back to normal lives. I've found several blogs lately that make my little problems seem so insignificant and really make me count my blessings. The amazing thing is, nearly every family still praises God and thanks Him for their blessings. I hope I would be able to be that strong if I were in the same situation. I'd like to share these blogs I've found with you so you can add them to your prayer list and maybe tonight you'll fall asleep counting your blessings.

The Williams Family - I can't hardly read this blog without crying. Kelly used to work with this girl's sister. Their new baby was born with a rare skin condition that causes him to have lesions and sores. He is covered in ointment and gauze and they can't touch him.

Baby Laith - This story makes me mad. This baby needs a heart transplant and the family can't afford it and their insurance won't approve it.

Baby Caroline - This family just lost their husband/father in a car accident in January and the little girl is 2 and the mom is pregnant and now having problems with the pregnancy.

Baby Gracie - This little girl is 11 months old, already had 1 heart transplant, was having heart failure and on life support and the family had to take her off of it because she was just too sick. There are 3 other kids in the family.

I didn't mean for this to be a downer post, just a little reality check. I know I need one sometimes when I think I've got it rough! Here are a few pictures of Jack to end on a pleasant note.


Pre haircut this morning.

After haircut and looking smooth in Daddy's glasses.




2 comments:

ClintandGina said...

Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings. I pray that I would handle a heartbreaking challenge as gracefully and faithfully as the people in these blogs do. I read blogs like this sometimes and Clint will find me crying in the study while looking at the computer and say "What is wrong, Gina?" I tell him, this baby is sick and it is so sad. He never fails to ask, "do you know them?" I'm like, "no, they live in Arkansas or Oklahoma or wherever, but it is just so sad and I want to pray for them". Must be a girl thing ;)

agnieszka said...

It is good to stick to the reality and to keep in mind diffcult lessons given by life to us or to the other people, but not in order to make us down but more thankful for all we alredy have got. Kisses from Poland (we are waiting for Y'll!!)