Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few more pictures from Texas

I thought I'd add a few more pictures from my trip in Amarillo. My friend Jennifer wanted me to take pictures of her new family so here's one of them. The next one is a cute picture of me & Jack. I really had a great time. I know I've said that, but Dixie and Jennifer are such good friends and I already miss them mucho. I love you guys, lots!



There's a guy in Amarillo called Stanley Marsh and he does some really weird stuff. He put random signs up all over town with different pictures and quotes, he's got a huge farm outside of town that has llamas and exotic animals, he's just a unique character... and obviously has more money than he knows what to do with. If he reads this, he could send me some. I'd be ok with that. Anyway, the most recent (recent to me anyway) is this pair of feet at an exit off the interstate between Canyon and Amarillo. This trip they had socks painted on them but Dixie said that they don't always have the socks. The should have had flip flops on instead of socks, it was hot.


Another thing he's done is built the Cadillac Ranch. If you don't know what that is... where have you been? It's a row of 10 Cadillacs buried about halfway in the ground. They are all at the same angle, and I find them quite fascinating. They are always spray painted and sometimes done in certain colors. Recently they were all pink to support the breast cancer races. Dixie said they were most recently painted rainbow colors in support of the gay and lesbians. This trip they were just covered in graffiti. Next time I go, I'm taking some spray paint. I've never done that and think it will be fun. It's also a cool place to take pictures, in my opinion, so that's what we did before the fireworks on the 4th.



Dixie thought she'd thrown Dacie's bow away so she's digging through the dumpster. Notice Kent is pretending she's not doing that.




I thought this was a cool picture of Jack trying to run and keep up with Daxtyn and Dayton.



Here's Dixie's family at the Cadillac Ranch.




Me & Jack (in case you couldn't tell.)

I also have to give a very heartfelt "thank you" to Dixie and her family for introducing Jack to "tractor snacks". We had to find some in Port Lavaca and once we got home. He did like the Nemo snacks we also found in Port Lavaca but once we got home, no other snack will do. He asks for tractor snacks every day. So... thank you Dixie. :) At least they're not bad for him!




1 comment:

Cornelius Crew said...

I knew you would get the pic of me dumpster diving in! You know we also did that in colorado- we needed folding chairs and there were some sticking out of the dumpster at camp- I thought wow I've done this 2x in one week- not a habit I want to start!
I'm glad we got Jack hooked on tractor snacks! Let me know if we can spoil him any other way possible!