Friday, July 11, 2008

Sick Day

Oh what a night... 1:00 am Jack wakes up throwing up. Yippee. Here's the story:

1:00 am Jack wakes up throwing up. He starts to cry and I tell him to wait just a minute, I'm going to get Grandma to help me. I can't wake up Grandma, and I'm almost shouting. :( I decide to clean him up myself, lay him in the bed and start cleaning up the bed. I lay him down to change his diaper and he throws up again, all over himself, the carpet, the floor. So I stand him back up and go get Jarred's Mamaw. She starts to help me clean up the floor while I clean Jack. I finally get Grandma to wake up and find out where the carpet cleaner is. (Note- Grandma says she is a very heavy sleeper, she was not ignoring me.)

2:00 am everything is cleaned up and we're ready to go back to bed and I figure I better call the pediatrician just in case, since it's almost the weekend. I have to take his temperature and it's really low so they tell me to take it again in an hour and call back. I set the alarm for 3:15.

3:15 am woke up, checked his temperature, it was still low so I call back. It was higher than the first time so they told me to keep him warm and check on him in the morning. As I'm taking his temperature I had him the remote to the ceiling fan to keep him occupied. A few seconds later, Barbara comes in and asks if I'm trying to turn on the light because the fan and lights are going on and off in their room. OOPS! Later when I take him temperature, I hand him my cell phone and he calls Popo and Momo Jo. OOPS!

4:00 am go back to sleep and sleep til 9:00 am. I called the pediatrician and they're pretty sure he's got a stomach bug and tell me to just make sure he's hydrated and eats bland foods.

So today we spent the day just resting and relaxing. We did take Jack to the little beach and park this afternoon but he just wasn't quite up to it.

Taking in the bay on Grandma's porch.


Driving his tractors on Katy.

He's driven Popo's tractor, Poppa's tractor and now Grandpa's tractor.


He had fun rolling his motorcycle down the slide to me.


There is a wetlands trail at the Port Lavaca beach so we walked it this afternoon.


Checking out the grass and water. He pointed it all out to us.


Showing Grandma and Mamaw the water and grass.

This is the Alcoa Bird Tower. Alcoa is an aluminum plant in Tennessee and they have a plant here too.
This is the picnic table under the Alcoa Bird Tower. We decided not to have a picnic here.

Stupid people throw trash in the wetlands area, even though there were trash cans in the bird tower.
Where the wetlands meet the bay. It's very pretty.


Looking over the bridge.

Get ready, birthday pictures will hopefully be posted tomorrow night!


3 comments:

Momo Jo said...

I'm glad he's feeling better. I know he'll have a great time today. Give him birthday hugs from us.

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Jenny Lynn said...

Poor Jack! It is no fun being sick away from home (for mommy either!). Hope the birthday parties go well!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are sick, but I am glad you are feeling better. I know you had a good time today. I just can't believe you are 2 years old! I love you very much. Aunt Lissa