Monday, July 28, 2008

Updates

I know this is odd to have 2 blog posts in a row with no pictures, but I haven't really been in the picture taking mood lately. Don't worry, once we're in the cabin in the mountains I'll take lots of pictures. Here are some updates.

My feet- They still hurt like crazy but I can manage to get around. I have these nice velcro shoes that fit over my bandages that I can hobble around in. It is still really difficult to shower or take a bath. The water burns the wounds on my feet. I did manage a shower yesterday with Jarred's help and it felt really good. My feet feel ok as long as I'm not on them, but I really want to get out and do things. Plus, I really want to be able to keep up with everyone when we're in the mountains. I know there are much bigger things to pray for, but add a little snippet of prayer that my feet will get better soon.

Jack- He had his 2 year check-up on Friday and all seems to be just fine. He weighs 23 pounds which puts him in the 3rd percentile. This was the same as his 18 month check-up. He is now 32 1/2 inches tall which puts him in the 11th percentile. At 18 months he was in the 5th percentile so he's moved up there. He got 2 shots and Popo and the nurse had to hold him down. I wasn't in a good position to hold him down with my feet all wrapped up.

We're getting ready for my grandparents, aunt, uncle, Kelly, Ryan and Abbott to come to Knoxville this coming week. We've rented a cabin in Townsend (the peaceful side of the Smokies) called "Life is Good" and we're going to have a great time. Despite all my foot problems, life is good and I really shouldn't be complaining. After that trip, we have about a week to get Jack ready for preschool. We've visited once recently and he really just went right in and started playing with the toys. I hope we get an opportunity to go back a few more times so he gets to know the place and maybe won't feel too bad when I just leave him there. He's already feeling a little neglected by me since I can't play with him too good right now. Don't misunderstand, he is NOT neglected by anyone else. Daddy, Popo and Momo Jo are doing a wonderful job taking care of him! I hope y'all's summers are going good, too and I look forward to hearing all about them!

2 comments:

agnieszka said...

HI Jami, I prey for Your feet- I have empty space on my preying list since I've stopped preying for miracles :) :(
I know that You will be able to enjoy summer in Smoky Mountains. You are very very brave lady.

It is good You have such loving family around.

Kisses from Poland

agnieszka said...

Hw are Your feet???