Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Muffins

As many of you know, I had surgery to remove some plantar warts from the bottom of my feet on Monday. Not to gross anyone out, but there were a lot of them and they were big so I had to be put under anesthesia and now I'm off my feet for awhile. Luckily, I have my parents here to take care of me. :) The surgery went fine and I'm hobbling along now, but I'm not sure Jack knows quite what to expect. He looks at me funny and doesn't really want to sit with me since my feet are all wrapped up. He was also sick, still, with diarrhea and not much of an appetite on Monday so that all added to the mix. Somewhere, I'm not sure where or how, he's found a comfort food... muffins. Mom and dad brought Jack back over to the house Monday evening after being sick and me having surgery and he's just walking around the living room and suddenly says, "Jack wants mubbins." A little confused, we make sure we've heard right, "You want muffins?" He begins to laugh and says, "OK." "Well Jack, we don't have any muffins." WRONG ANSWER. Mr. no nap begins to cry and beg for muffins. Guess who goes and gets muffins? Popo and Momo Jo take Jack to the store and come back with a variety of muffins. Strawberry cream cheese muffins, double chocolate chip muffins and what turned out the be Jack's favorite, mini blueberry muffins. He is so excited. Not quite sure why, but they are the best thing. Yesterday morning Jack wanted more muffins so he had some for breakfast and then again when we got home from Popo and Momo Jo's (Jack and I hang out at their house while Jarred's at work.) About 8 o'clock, it's time for Jack to go to bed but he's not quite ready. Jarred put him in bed anyway and and he cries for at least an hour. Finally Jarred goes to get him and he sits with me for awhile and says, "Jack wants mubbins." So... at 9:30 last night Jack ate more muffins. Satisfied he went to sleep about 10. This morning, more muffins. In fact, he ate the last of the mini blueberry muffins. When we get to Popo and Momo Jo's house he asks for more muffins. When Popo explains he doesn't have any, Jack starts to cry and beg for muffins. Popo says, "Jack, I can make muffins but it will take a long time." Jack says, "OK" so Popo makes muffins. By the time they are ready, Jack doesn't want them but has since eaten 2 muffins. I'm glad he's found something to help him through this difficult time for him. Somewhere along the way, he's also ditched the bottle. One night he went to sleep with it but didn't drink it and hasn't asked for it since. Odd, don't you think? I'm glad, though. I was really dreading taking it away from him. Now... maybe potty training will be this easy!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are laid up for awhile. I think that might be what I have on the bottom of my foot, but I have enough going on right now to worry about that...after the baby maybe??? :) Take care and I hope you and Jack both feel better soon!

Jenny Lynn said...

Muffins huh,... we have been silly trying skittles and sweet tarts! (hope your feet feel better soon!)

Nicole said...

Jami - Thanks for your kind post on my blog. I appreciate your prayers. I hope you are up and feeling good soon! Jack is getting so big & precious! It's so facinating to listen to their logic at this age!

agnieszka said...

Hi, I hope You all are doing good now. The story is very funny and it shows the way You respect Jack's needs. it is very very precious. We try to do it on the same way, but fortunatelly Mati does not ask for Muffins. He loves ice-creams though :)))

Cornelius Crew said...

don't count on the potty traing thing! And a diet of tractor snacks and muffins? I think I could live with that!

Jami said...

Dixie, he'll never get out of the 3rd percentile if he only eats tractor snacks and muffins. He's been asking for waffles a lot too. If I can find creative ways to sneak some protein in there, maybe he'll be ok.