Saturday, May 2, 2009

A few more Texas pics

I have been home for nearly 3 days and am just now managing to download 597 pictures from my 3 weeks in Texas. Yes, I know I have a picture taking problem but the way I see it, if you don't document it, who knows what you might be missing out on. We had such a great time. It was great to be back home but I always love going to Texas. It's really my real "home" and it always will be. Even though I have a lot of reasons to come back to Tennesee: Jarred, mom, dad, Kelly, Ryan, Abbott, friends, it's always so hard to leave. Here are a few reasons I love it so much, besides the fact that it's Texas and is the best state in the country:

Look at this. How is this not awesome? Jack loves his Poppa as much as I do and I love that.

Two silly Jacks.

Poppa has put up bird houses on each side of his fence. This bluebird has built a nest in this one and has laid 5 little blue eggs. On the other side of the yard, another house had 5 baby birds in it. I couldn't get a good picture but Jack said, "aawww they are so cute" and he was right, they are.

I caught this picture of a mockingbird.

And I know I have a sunset picture on nearly every East Texas post I make but they are almost as pretty as a Texas Panhandle sunset.
Although I'm home now, I'm not slowing down. We will be heading back to East Texas 3 weeks from today for a baby shower for my cousin. Kelly is off for a week so we'll stay most of the week. One of my best friends is coming at the end of that week and we're going to get some good girl time in. Jack will tag along for most of it but we're planning a trip to the Biltmore, just the 2 of us so I'm looking forward to that. We're pretty free most of the summer except for an unexpected trip to Red River that we are super excited about. Next to Texas it's my most favorite place in the world. If you'd like to come visit us, come on. We're ready!

No comments: