Friday, May 15, 2009

Motivated in May

This is going to be a quick post. Today, I am motivated to clean my house so I better do it while I actually am in the mood. It doesn't happen very often. I've been getting recipes from my friend, Dixie, with instructions to "make this puppy healthy". With the weight watchers online tool, you can play with recipes a little and see how the fare. The only question would be if they tasted good. So... if you have a really yummy recipe that's maybe a little high in calories or fat, has a lot of butter or something like that and you'd like me to try to "healthify" it, send it my way. My email is volgrad01@aol.com. I'll do the best I can and post it here for everyone to share.

I also get email from Nickelodeon and they have a website called ParentsConnect. If you go to the website, at the top is a list of subjects. If you click on food, you can get "Good Eats". It's a weekly list of recipes plus a shopping list of what you'll need. They don't give nutritional information, but it looks pretty healthy.

I'm on week one of my hundred push ups and so far I'm doing good. I might try to incorporate the 200 sit ups, listed on the hundred push ups page, next week. I don't know if anyone who reads my blog also watches the Biggest Loser, but I have to say if you need motivation, watch that show! It blows me away how good they all look at the end of the season. The season finale was this past Tuesday and they announced they were doing a continuation of their "pound for pound challenge". What you do it is pledge how much weight you'll lose during the time frame and at the end you report how much you actually lost. For every pound you lose and report, General Mills is donating one pound of food to local food banks. This past season they announced they will donate over 3 million pounds of food. AMAZING! You can still pledge to lose weight over the summer and they'll do it again. Go here to pledge. If you plan to lose some weight over the summer, why not help out people in need, too. I pledged 10 pounds. You have until May 31 to pledge so do it quick!

Ok, I gotta get back to cleaning before the motivation leaves me!

1 comment:

Cornelius Crew said...

now you have to update that you are doing the squats too!!